TikkoSS’s Chicken Rice (Part 1: Steamed Chicken)
TikkoSS’s Chicken Rice consists of three different parts to ensure a balance diet for one meal.
Part 1 is about cooking the chicken and the gravy.
1 Whole chicken (weight about 900g to 1KG)
5 g Kei Chi
2 tbsp Salt (Marinate)
1 tbsp Salt (Flavoring at the end of cooking)
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp TikkoSS’s Secret Ingredient
5 cloves Garlic (Finely chopped)
1 Onion (Finely chopped)
3 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
½ tsp TikkoSS’s Secret Ingredient
Method – Steaming Chicken
1. Wash thoroughly the whole chicken especially the chicken internal
2. Rub the chicken internal with salt, pepper and TikkoSS’s Secret Ingredient. Lastly, add kei chi into the chicken internal
3. Boil 2L of water in a wok for steaming the chicken. When the water is boiling, put the whole chicken on a plate in the wok and steam for 15 minutes over high fire.
4. After 15 minutes, take out the chicken and rub the remaining salt on the entire chicken
5. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Set aside.
Method – Cooking sauce & Serving
1. Heat wok with 2 tbsp of oil. Fry garlic until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside
2. Heat wok with 4 tbsp of oil. Fry onion until golden brown and slightly dry
3. Add light soy sauce, sugar and TikkoSS’s Secret Ingredient. Set aside
4. Add fried garlic from (1) onto the pieces of chicken, follow with the fried onion
5. Ready to be served